Soon prices of every day items will be out of reach for the normal working man or women. How can we keep up with the rising cost of everything when wages do not? You can go back to college and become better educated for a position, but there is no guarantee that you will obtain employment. Their was once a time that a college education would guarantee you employment of some type in your field. What a sad situation we have gotten our society in. Your almost to the point of damned if you do and damned if you don't. I believe that this is going to be part of the reason it will take so long to get out of this recession.
People have lost faith, hope and a sense of things will get better. To many people are not sure of where we are headed that they will not spend the money on any major purchase unless it is an emergency. People have to have the confidence to spend to get this economy going so employers will feel confident to create new positions so people will have incomes to spend again. This has become such a tightly bound wheel that it cannot spin freely any longer. No one really has a plan or no one can even agree on a plan to fix it.
The problem has become a stalemate in government and all the pieces of the puzzle are so expensive that they do not know where to begin to attack the problem. Fixed costs have become a problem, food, fuel, and electrcity are at all time highs. Electric rates have gone up nearly 40 percent how would you like a raise like that and how could it help your situation. Fuel bounces up and down between 25 and 50 percent increases over the last two years, but your wages do not reflect this type of increase. What is a poor man or women to do?
How can we spend money on the economy if costs like this keep rising the way there are. The answer is we can't, because our disposable income is being gobbled up so fast by our every day survival cost. This is the main part of the recession and until it is fixed or repaired we are going to stay in a stagnate position for a long while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
They say seventy percent of college graduates do not find a job within their field and that's kinda sad because we are paying alot for our educations and we worked hard at it. All you can do is have faith and hope. I know things are hard with this economy but price does not scare me. I buy whatever I want regarless of the price and I feel we only live once and live to the fullest. I'm very thankful to have the job I do, we always have overtime and haven't hit any slow points. But if I was without a job my spending might be different and I might fall into the category of being one who is scared to spend which won't contribute to this economy getting any better. I feel with the economy getting better is going to be a long process so be up for the ride.
ReplyDeleteTnaks for your positive feedback Ashley.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with you 100% everything that has to do with life costs more and more each and every year, and the salaries continue to be the same. For every small pay raise you get there is more taxes to be paid. It always seems like the rich keep getting richer and the middle class people stay middle class. Go figure, how in the hell does this seem to keep happening? Electric is a very good example, electric comes from the same grid on the main line and is just distributed to seperate suppliers who then can charge what they want, and make a profit at it, and the little guy suffers, while trying to stay warm and have food in his belly. I am glad that I have a good job and can support my self independatly. Hopefully that will never change. Life is fully of enriching suprises.
ReplyDelete