Thursday, March 25, 2010

Immoral Behaviour By Men

Recently, I heard a speech on abused women. The speech was very informative for me and had some very graphic picture's of battered women. There was a U-Tube video that was also shown from the movie Enough is Enough. Where a battered women took self defense courses and placed everything in her apart strategically to be used as a weapon. After the clip was over I had a moment in time to scan the room and there were young women sobbing, bawling, and some just had tears running down their face. The worst cases was a girl who was in her seat in the fetal position and just was a mess. I immediately went to her and asked her if she was alright. Her response was this just brought back to many bad memories, as did the other women in the class who were in emotional distress. All of these women had been abused either by a Father, Boyfriend, Uncle, or some other type of male figure in their life. This was just the type of incident that I could not even imagine, when they started to tell their stories. I could feel the pain in that room from all of them, and it made me ashamed to be a guy in their lives. I did ask them if there was male support in their lives and most said they did not have any, and it seemed all of there confidence they hadin any male was drained during the abusive relationship. How on earth could a decent guy if they ever found one have a chance to get together with one of these women. Why would any male want to beat a women, if they did not meet a males expectations why not just walk away. Every one of those women deserved to be treated better than that, and whether they realized it or not, women contain all the power in any relationship. They did ask me how, and I said every guy wants what you have and that they control it by supply and demand. Also, women should set up the ground rules immediately as to what they will and will not accept as proper behavior from a male. This point is very important, if a male cannot meet those expectations then he will lose interest and would not be deserving of your company anyway. Women you must keep the emotion out of your relationship until you can get a intuitive feeling that it will or will not work. Everyone of those women that attended that speech were bright, intelligent and hard working. I just could not believe that abuse is that rampant because my beliefs just would not allow me to do something like that. Gentlemen be warned, all women deserve to be treated kindly. Women if you have been or being abused, please try to end it today. Men treat your women better they truly deserve it.

2 comments:

  1. It is very surprising to see how many women are being abused. And remember that abuse isn't just physical, it's emotional and phsychological as well. I don't understand either how any man could abuse a woman, or the other way around because some men are victims of abuse as well. I've never been abused but I have witnessed it. From observation, I've realized that men who are abusive are men who seem very insecure and they like to see women begging and pleading because it feeds their self esteem. They also take advantage of women who are very vulnerable and insecure themselves. It's a vicious cycle and that's why it's tough for a woman to just leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Yajaira for posting a comment.

    ReplyDelete