Sunday, April 4, 2010
Employment is the Key
People what we need to get out of this rut in the economy is something that can kill two birds with one stone. Well I have an idea that just could help our national situation. Our interstate highways are in disrepair and over crowded. There are to many big rig trucks on the road and a lot of the time they cannot see small cars and cause accidents. Why don't we invest in our national infrastructure and create jobs at the same time. Make all Interstate highways at least three lanes and one for the trucking industry. Congress will not move on making the rail system better to get large trucks off the road so we must upgrade the roadways. This would create jobs in every state so no one state has it better than the next, everyone benefits from the new roads and each state will receive a higher tax revenue base for having more people employed. It seems like a win win situation to me. I am so tired of hearing we lost so many jobs but the government will not help itself or the people of our great nation by putting us back to work. this would help so many industries it would be a trickle effect down to the lowest of the labor force. There is just to much at stake to let this part of our infrastructure to deteriorate. I can not see any down side to the positive position of improving our lifestyle. This is so much better than spending money on a war that is just a drain on our natural resources. The war is costing us three hundred million dollars a day, should we be putting that investment into something that is going to give us a return on our dollars?Finally someone must stop the madness and step up to do the right thing to help the working american out. This is a fix that could create millions of jobs that would last for many years. We need to make this happen, otherwise it could take years to get out of the deeply harden recession.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I killed a rock with two birds once.
ReplyDeleteAren't there enough road construction workers standing around already?
I did subcontracting framing houses, and I totally understand hard manual labor. I totally feel for the guys working hard, with hot tar, out in the baking sun, I really do. But sometimes, when doing a project, there's only room for one guy, usually using a backhoe or some form of heavy machinery, while everyone else waits for him to finish to continue the process. Having more people standing around will only clutter the hazardous road construction site, and make the taxpayer provide more funding for the same return.
With that, it is also a proven fact that for a state to increase their revenue gains, it must first improve its infrastructure (i.e. interstate).